On the Chopping Block

Most of you know about my obsession with salad. I really do eat one nearly every day for lunch. BUT, I recently found a way that makes me enjoy them even more. It may sound silly, but I have found if I chop all the ingredients into similar sized pieces, the salad is easier to eat AND I get more variety of flavor in each bite. It doesn't take that much longer to prepare and it makes me so stupidly happy to eat a salad this way. I also eat my salads almost exclusively with homemade dressing or simply balsamic vinegar. Do you have any great homemade (no sugar) dressing recipes? I'd love to have them. Eat your greens! Teresa

3 comments:

Lori Smanski said...

Hi, I am the same way. I love to chop things for my salad. My sister in law introduced me to a great dressing.

It is from Balsamic Treasures, LLC Marek Wolanowski info@balsamicterasures.com
www.balsamicterasures.com
4406 Towle Ave - Hammond, IN 46327

They have wonderful balsamic vinegar with different flavors. Mix them with a little water and voila a wonderful and light dressing. I particularly like Raspberry and Pomegranate. They have three different size bottles you can choose from. I know they are in some craft shows. Look on the web site. My sister in law and i wait until they come to College of Dupage by us.
Good luck

Lori Smanski said...

oh second post. at the craft fair you can get a small taste of what ever you are interested in. If i were to order i would order the small bottles that way if i did not like them no big deal. If I did i could always order a larger bottle.

Green Bag Lady Teresa said...

Intersting Lori, I'll look into i! Thanks for the suggestions! :)